With the following data protection declaration, we would like to inform you about the types of your personal data (hereinafter also referred to as “data” for short) that we process, for what purposes and to what extent. The data protection declaration applies to all processing of personal data carried out by us, both as part of the provision of our services and, in particular, on our websites, in mobile applications and within external online presences, such as our social media profiles (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Online Offer”).
Status: 18. January 2022
- Overview of processing operations
- Relevant legal bases
- Security measures
- Transfer of personal data
- Data processing in third countries
- Erasure of data
- Provision of the online offer and web hosting
- Presence in social networks (social media)
- Cloud services
- Rights of the data subjects
- Definitions of terms
The following overview summarizes the types of data processed and the purposes of their processing and refers to the data subjects.
- Contact data.
- Content data.
- Usage data.
- Meta/communication data.
- Contact requests and communication.
- Provision of our online services and user experience.
The following is an overview of the legal basis of the GDPR on the basis of which we process personal data. Please note that in addition to the provisions of the GDPR, national data protection regulations may apply in your or our country of residence or domicile. Furthermore, should more specific legal bases be relevant in individual cases, we will inform you of these in the data protection declaration.
- Registered interests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f. DSGVO) - Processing is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of the controller or a third party, unless such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require the protection of personal data.
In addition to the data protection regulations of the General Data Protection Regulation, national regulations on data protection apply in Germany. These include, in particular, the Act on Protection against Misuse of Personal Data in Data Processing (Federal Data Protection Act - BDSG). In particular, the BDSG contains special regulations on the right to information, the right to erasure, the right to object, the processing of special categories of personal data, processing for other purposes and transmission, as well as automated decision-making in individual cases, including profiling. Furthermore, it regulates data processing for employment purposes (Section 26 BDSG), in particular with regard to the establishment, implementation or termination of employment relationships as well as the consent of employees. Furthermore, state data protection laws of the individual federal states may apply.
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures in accordance with the legal requirements, taking into account the state of the art, the implementation costs and the nature, scope, circumstances and purposes of the processing, as well as the different probabilities of occurrence and the extent of the threat to the rights and freedoms of natural persons, in order to ensure a level of protection appropriate to the risk.
The measures include, in particular, safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data by controlling physical and electronic access to the data as well as access to, input of, disclosure of, assurance of availability of and segregation of the data. Furthermore, we have established procedures to ensure the exercise of data subjects' rights, the deletion of data, and responses to data compromise. Furthermore, we already take the protection of personal data into account during the development or selection of hardware, software as well as procedures in accordance with the principle of data protection, through technology design and through data protection-friendly default settings.
In the course of our processing of personal data, it may happen that the data is transferred to or disclosed to other bodies, companies, legally independent organizational units or persons. Recipients of this data may include, for example, service providers commissioned with IT tasks or providers of services and content that are integrated into a website. In such cases, we comply with the legal requirements and, in particular, conclude appropriate contracts or agreements that serve to protect your data with the recipients of your data.
If we process data in a third country (i.e., outside the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA)) or the processing takes place in the context of the use of third-party services or the disclosure or transfer of data to other persons, entities or companies, this will only be done in accordance with the legal requirements.
Subject to express consent or contractually or legally required transfer, we only process or allow the processing of data in third countries with a recognized level of data protection, contractual obligation by so-called standard protection clauses of the EU Commission, in the presence of certifications or binding internal data protection regulations (Art. 44 to 49 DSGVO, information page of the EU Commission: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection_de).
The data processed by us will be deleted in accordance with the legal requirements as soon as their consents permitted for processing are revoked or other permissions cease to apply (e.g. if the purpose of processing this data has ceased to apply or it is not required for the purpose).
If the data are not deleted because they are required for other and legally permissible purposes, their processing will be limited to these purposes. That is, the data is blocked and not processed for other purposes. This applies, for example, to data that must be retained for reasons of commercial or tax law or whose storage is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person.
Our privacy notices may also contain further information on the retention and deletion of data, which shall have priority for the respective processing operations.
In order to provide our online offer securely and efficiently, we use the services of one or more web hosting providers from whose servers (or servers managed by them) the online offer can be accessed. For these purposes, we may use infrastructure and platform services, computing capacity, storage space and database services, as well as security services and technical maintenance services.
The data processed as part of the provision of the hosting offer may include all information relating to the users of our online offer, which is generated as part of the use and communication. This regularly includes the IP address, which is necessary to be able to deliver the contents of online offers to browsers, and all entries made within our online offer or from websites.
- Types of data processed: Content data (e.g. entries in online forms); Usage data (e.g. web pages visited, interest in content, access times); Meta/communication data (e.g. device information, IP addresses).
- Data subjects: Users (e.g., website visitors, users of online services).
- Purposes of processing: Provision of our online services and user experience.
- Legal basis: Legitimate interests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f. DSGVO).
Further notes on processing procedures, methods and services: **.
- The web hosting services we use also include the sending, receiving and storing of e-mails. For these purposes, the addresses of the recipients and senders as well as further information regarding the e-mail dispatch (e.g. the providers involved) as well as the contents of the respective e-mails are processed. The aforementioned data may also be processed for SPAM detection purposes. Please note that e-mails are generally not sent encrypted on the Internet. As a rule, e-mails are encrypted in transit, but (unless a so-called end-to-end encryption method is used) not on the servers from which they are sent and received. We can therefore not assume any responsibility for the transmission path of the e-mails between the sender and the reception on our server.
- Collection of access data and log files: We ourselves (or our web hosting provider) collect data on each access to the server (so-called server log files). The server log files may include the address and name of the web pages and files accessed, date and time of access, data volumes transferred, notification of successful access, browser type and version, the user’s operating system, referrer URL (the previously visited page) and, as a rule, IP addresses and the requesting provider. The server log files may be used, on the one hand, for security purposes, e.g., to prevent server overload (especially in the event of abusive attacks, so-called DDoS attacks) and, on the other hand, to ensure the utilization of the servers and their stability; Deletion of data: Log file information is stored for a maximum period of 30 days and then deleted or anonymized. Data whose further retention is required for evidentiary purposes is exempt from deletion until the respective incident is finally clarified.
- netcup: Services in the field of providing information technology infrastructure and related services (e.g. storage space and/or computing capacity); Service Provider: netcup GmbH, Daimlerstraße 25, D-76185 Karlsruhe, Germany; Website: https://www.netcup.de/; Data Protection Statement: https://www.netcup.de/kontakt/datenschutzerklaerung.php; Processing Agreement: https://www.netcup-wiki.de/wiki/Zusatzvereinbarung_zur_Auftragsverarbeitung.
We maintain online presences within social networks and process user data in this context in order to communicate with users active there or to offer information about us.
We would like to point out that user data may be processed outside the European Union. This may result in risks for the users because, for example, it could make it more difficult to enforce the rights of the users.
Furthermore, user data is usually processed within social networks for market research and advertising purposes. For example, usage profiles can be created based on the usage behavior and resulting interests of the users. The usage profiles can in turn be used, for example, to place advertisements within and outside the networks that presumably correspond to the interests of the users. For these purposes, cookies are usually stored on the users' computers, in which the usage behavior and interests of the users are stored. Furthermore, data independent of the devices used by the users may also be stored in the usage profiles (especially if the users are members of the respective platforms and are logged in to them).
For a detailed presentation of the respective forms of processing and the options to object (opt-out), we refer to the privacy statements and information provided by the operators of the respective networks.
In the case of requests for information and the assertion of data subject rights, we would also like to point out that these can be asserted most effectively with the providers. Only the providers have access to the users' data and can take appropriate measures and provide information directly. If you still need help, then you can contact us.
- Types of data processed: Contact data (e.g. e-mail, telephone numbers); Content data (e.g. entries in online forms); Usage data (e.g. websites visited, interest in content, access times); Meta/communication data (e.g. device information, IP addresses).
- Data subjects: Users (e.g., website visitors, users of online services).
- Purposes of processing: Contact requests and communication; Feedback (e.g. collecting feedback via online form); Marketing.
- Legal basis: Legitimate interests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f. DSGVO).
Other information about processing operations, procedures and services: **.
- LinkedIn: Social network; Service provider: LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland; Website: https://www.linkedin.com; Privacy statement: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy; Standard contractual clauses (ensuring level of data protection for processing in third countries): https://legal. linkedin.com/dpa; Opt-out: https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out; Contractual processing agreement: https://legal.linkedin.com/dpa.
Wir nutzen über das Internet zugängliche und auf den eigenen Servern ausgeführte Softwaredienste (Nextcloud) für die folgenden Zwecke:
- Dokumentenspeicherung und Verwaltung,
- Tabellenkalkulationen und Präsentationen,
- Austausch von Dokumenten,
- Inhalten und Informationen mit bestimmten Empfängern oder Veröffentlichung von Webseiten,
- Formularen oder sonstigen Inhalten und
- Informationen sowie Chats und Teilnahme an Audio- und Videokonferenzen.
In diesem Rahmen können personenbezogenen Daten verarbeitet und auf den Servern gespeichert werden, soweit dieser Bestandteil von Kommunikationsvorgängen mit uns sind oder von uns sonst, wie im Rahmen dieser Datenschutzerklärung dargelegt, verarbeitet werden. Zu diesen Daten können insbesondere Stammdaten und Kontaktdaten der Nutzer, Daten zu Vorgängen, sonstigen Prozessen und deren Inhalte gehören. Wir verarbeiten ferner Nutzungsdaten und Metadaten, die zu Sicherheitszwecken verwendet werden.
Sofern wir mit Hilfe der Cloud-Dienste für andere Nutzer oder öffentlich zugängliche Webseiten Formulare o.a. Dokumente und Inhalte bereitstellen, können die Anbieter Cookies auf den Geräten der Nutzer für Zwecke der Webanalyse oder, um sich Einstellungen der Nutzer (z.B. im Fall der Mediensteuerung) zu merken, speichern.
We use software services (Nextcloud) accessible via the Internet and running on our own servers for the following purposes:
- Document storage and management,
- calendar management,
- spreadsheets and presentations,
- document exchange,
- content and information with specific recipients or publishing web pages,
- forms or other content, and
- information as well as chats and participation in audio and video conferences.
Insofar as we use cloud services to provide forms or other documents and content to other users or publicly accessible websites, the providers may store cookies on the users' devices for the purposes of web analytics or to remember users' settings (e.g. in the case of media control).
If we ask for consent to use the cloud services, the legal basis of the processing is consent. Furthermore, their use may be a component of our (pre)contractual services, provided that the use of the cloud services has been agreed within this framework. Otherwise, users' data is processed based on our legitimate interests (i.e., interest in efficient and secure management and collaboration processes).
- Inventory data (e.g., names, addresses),
- Contact data (e.g., e-mail, user names),
- Content data (e.g. text input, photographs, videos),
- Usage data (e.g., interest in content, access times),
- meta/communication data (e.g., device information, IP addresses).
Users of the Clound services
Consent (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a DSGVO), Contract performance and pre-contractual requests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b. DSGVO), Legitimate interests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f. DSGVO).
If we provide addresses and contact information of companies and organizations in this privacy statement, please note that the addresses may change over time and please check the information before contacting us.
As a data subject, you are entitled to various rights under the GDPR, which arise in particular from Art. 15 to 21 GDPR:
- Right to object: You have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you which is carried out on the basis of Art. 6(1)(e) or (f) DSGVO; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions. If the personal data concerning you is processed for the purpose of direct marketing, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purpose of such marketing; this also applies to profiling, insofar as it is related to such direct marketing. **Right of withdrawal.
- Right to revoke consent: You have the right to revoke any consent given at any time.
- Right of access: You have the right to request confirmation as to whether or not data in question is being processed and to obtain information about such data, as well as further information and a copy of the data in accordance with the law.
- Right to rectification: You have the right, in accordance with the law, to request that data concerning you be completed or that inaccurate data concerning you be rectified.
- Right to erasure and restriction of processing: You have the right, in accordance with the law, to request that data concerning you be erased without delay, or alternatively, in accordance with the law, to request restriction of the processing of the data.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, common and machine-readable format in accordance with the legal requirements, or to request its transfer to another controller.
- Complaint to supervisory authority: Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement, if you consider that the processing of personal data concerning you infringes the requirements of the GDPR.
- Personal data: “Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter “data subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier (e.g. cookie) or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- Controller: “Controller” means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
- Processing: “Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed upon personal data, whether or not by automatic means. The term is broad and includes virtually any handling of data, whether collecting, evaluating, storing, transmitting or erasing.